Skip to main content
Prepare Your Workspace
- Define appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for your workplace. Consider policies and procedures you can implement to prevent the spread when defining appropriate PPE.
- Develop a screening protocol for your employees to take before every shift.
- Perform a deep clean of your workspace. Alberta Health Services has guidelines for cleaning of public spaces. Consider hiring a professional cleaner to perform an initial deep clean of your workspace.
- Implement procedures for increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting of high traffic areas including; common areas, public washrooms, and showering facilities.
- Create a proper physical distancing set up, establish rules, and set up your business accordingly. Leverage signage and spatial markings to ensure co-workers always operate at six feet apart.
- Post external signs indicating COVID-19 physical distancing protocols, along with floor markings where service is provided or lines form.
- Regulate entry into the business, including lines, to prevent congestion.
- Set up your business with a single point of entry.
- No more than 15 people may gather in common areas. Actively discourage congregations of people.