Stay up to date by frequently checking provincial, national and international websites. Links to the CPREM Facebook page and municipal sites in the Central Peace can be found below.
- Government of Alberta: COVID-19 Information for Albertans
- Alberta Health Services: AHS.ca/covid19
- Government of Canada: COVID-19 Information
- World Health Organization: COVID-19 Updates
- CPREM Facebook Page
- Birch Hills County
- MD of Spirit River 133
- Town of Spirit River
- Village of Rycroft
- Saddle Hills County
- Central Peace Fire & Rescue – website … Facebook
Follow all public health guidelines if you are experiencing symptoms.
- To determine whether you should be tested for COVID-19, use the Alberta Health Services self-assessment tool.
- Call Health Link at 8-1-1 for instructions if you are experiencing symptoms such as fever, cough, difficulty breathing and have travelled outside of Canada, or were exposed to someone who has COVID-19.
- Only call 9-1-1 if you are in immediate need of medical, fire, or police.
Resources for Families
Post-Secondary and Colleges
For residents that are attending post-secondary, please follow the guidance or advice being provided to you by your post-secondary institution.
- Grande Prairie Regional College: COVID 19 Updates
Emergency Financial Assistance
- Government of Alberta financial assistance for unexpected emergencies: COVID-19 Supports for Albertans
Employment Insurance (EI)
- Sickness benefits provide up to 15 weeks of income replacement and is available to eligible claimants who are unable to work because of illness, injury or quarantine, to allow them time to restore their health and return to work. Canadians quarantined can apply for Employment Insurance (EI) sickness benefits
Stay up to date on information from your utility providers.
Please refer to the following Trusted Sources of Information regarding COVID-19.
To dispel some of the myths and misinformation about COVID-19 the World Health Organization has posted a page about the virus called Myth busters.