Farm Animal Emergency Preparedness Plan
During the summer of 2019, there were a multitude of fires across the northern half of Alberta that resulted in great economic, emotional and physical loss to residents, business owners and producers.
When these events took place it resulted in municipalities attempting to coordinate measures they were unprepared for. Within the Central Peace Region, comprised of Saddle Hills County, M.D. of Spirit River 133, Birch Hills County, Town of Spirit River and the Village of Rycroft, there is an elevated risk of a similar situation occuring in the event of a large animal livestock emergency.
To access the plan simply click on the link: Farm Animal Emergency Preparedness Plan
Emergency Livestock Plan Available Equipment
As part of our emergency preparedness CPREM is reaching out to local livestock producers or suppliers who may have equipment available for use in removing livestock during an emergency. To fill in and submit the form simply click on the link: Emergency Livestock Plan Available Equipment
Pandemic Response Plan
Please refer to the following Trusted Sources of Information regarding COVID-19.
To dispel some of the myths and misinformation about COVID-19 the World Health Organization has posted a page about the virus called Myth busters.
Government of Alberta Emergency Preparedness Educational Materials
- Hazard preparedness – includes multiple pages dedicated to hazards in Alberta with preparedness tips and 60 second video clips that are sharable on social media including:
- Build an emergency kit – is our most popular page and includes printable brochures and checklists for family, pet, farm animal and vehicle preparedness
- Pet Preparedness – includes tools and materials to help keep pets safe and comfortable, before, during and after an emergency
- Farm animals and livestock – includes tools and materials to help keep farm animals and livestock safe if you need to shelter in place or evacuate
- Raise awareness in your community – includes tools and materials for communities to raise awareness, including info on emergency preparedness week, #PrepareYourSelfie campaign, and 60 second videos that are sharable on social media
- Make an emergency plan – includes an emergency preparedness guide, tips on how to communicate during an emergency and information relating to pets, children and a guide for people with disabilities
- Emergency preparedness – includes hazard info and general emergency preparedness information including shelter-in-place and evacuation fact sheets